Government Agency News Defense.gov
Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance to meet Ukraine’s critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administration’s fortieth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. It includes key capabilities to aid Ukraine’s efforts to retake its sovereign territory and support Ukraine’s air defenders as they bravely protect Ukraine’s soldiers, civilians, and critical infrastructure, as well as artillery, anti-armor systems, and ammunition valued at up to $325 million.
The capabilities in this package include:
- Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);
- Stinger anti-aircraft systems;
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- 15 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles;
- 10 Stryker Armored Personnel Carriers;
- Javelin anti-armor systems;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- AT-4 anti-armor systems;
- Over 22 million rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades;
- Demolition munitions for obstacle clearing;
- Tactical secure communications support equipment;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
The United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with capabilities to meet its immediate battlefield needs and longer-term security assistance requirements.
Defense.gov Biden Administration Announces Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine https://governmentagencynews.com/biden-administration-announces-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine-13/ https://www.defense.gov/DesktopModules/ArticleCS/RSS.ashx?ContentType=9&Site=945&max=10 https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3426389/biden-administration-announces-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine/ Government Agency News http://governmentagencynews.com https://media.defense.gov/2021/Sep/30/2002865254/1280/1280/0/210930-D-EX074-055.JPG