Government Agency News Defense.gov
Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance to meet Ukraine’s critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administration’s forty-second drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. This package will provide Ukraine with additional artillery systems and ammunition, including highly effective and reliable dual-purpose improved conventional munitions (DPICM), on which the Administration conducted extensive consultations with Congress and our Allies and partners. It also includes additional air defense munitions, armored vehicles, anti-armor weapons, and other equipment to help Ukraine protect its people and counter Russia’s ongoing war of aggression.
The capabilities in this package include:
- Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems;
- AIM-7 missiles for air defense;
- Stinger anti-aircraft systems;
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 31 155mm Howitzers;
- 155mm artillery rounds, including DPICM, and 105mm artillery rounds;
- 32 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles;
- 32 Stryker Armored Personnel Carriers;
- Mine clearing equipment;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Javelin and other anti-armor systems and rockets;
- Precision aerial munitions;
- Penguin Unmanned Aerial Systems;
- 27 tactical vehicles to recover equipment;
- 10 tactical vehicles to tow and haul equipment;
- Demolitions munitions and systems for obstacle clearing;
- Small arms and over 28 million rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
The United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with capabilities to meet its immediate battlefield needs and longer-term security assistance requirements.
Defense.gov Biden Administration Announces Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine https://governmentagencynews.com/biden-administration-announces-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine-15/ https://www.defense.gov/DesktopModules/ArticleCS/RSS.ashx?ContentType=9&Site=945&max=10 https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3451570/biden-administration-announces-additional-security-assistance-for-ukraine/ Government Agency News http://governmentagencynews.com https://media.defense.gov/2021/Sep/30/2002865254/1280/1280/0/210930-D-EX074-055.JPG